IUCN is looking for the next group of young innovators advancing the global goals for nature
IUCN Leaders Forum Changemakers brings together young leaders and innovators who are designing or implementing innovative nature conservation or biodiversity action projects in their communities. Selected young changemakers will join leaders from around the world at the IUCN Leaders Forum in Geneva in October 2023, to advance nature-positive solutions and design concrete actions for the implementation of the Kunming-Montreal Global Biodiversity Framework goals and targets at the local, national and regional levels. Young changemakers will have an exclusive opportunity to pitch their projects to influential global leaders from the private sector, government and civil society.
Benefits for selected IUCN Leaders Forum Changemakers
- Delegate access to the IUCN Leaders Forum in Geneva, Switzerland from 11 to 13 October 2023
- An exclusive opportunity to pitch your environmental action project to influential global leaders from the private sector, government and civil society
- Hotel accommodation in Geneva from 10 – 14 October 2023
- Return travel to Geneva, Switzerland
- Meals and other expenses covered for the duration of stay in Geneva
Who should apply?
You should apply to be an IUCN Leaders Forum Changemaker if you:
- Are aged 18 – 35*.
- Have a track record of leadership and innovation in the fields of nature conservation, biodiversity, climate change and / or sustainable development.
- Are currently working on an innovative project that is or will contribute to the Kunming-Montreal Global Biodiversity Framework goals and targets
We especially encourage candidates whose projects foster equity, inclusivity, intergenerational collaboration, and / or adopt a human rights-based approach in the design and implementation of the project, to apply.
We are looking for a diverse pool of global changemakers to participate in the IUCN Leaders Forum. Youth from the Global South are strongly encouraged to apply, as are youth from minority groups, Indigenous peoples and local communities and young female leaders and innovators from around the world.
IUCN is partnering with One Young World to run the application process. IUCN Leaders Forum Changemakers will be selected by IUCN from a shortlist created by One Young World. Please complete the application form linked below to be considered for One Young World’s shortlist.
Applications are closed.